Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ridley Scott: The Prometheus score, Jerry Goldsmith and Marc Streitenfeld

Ridley Scott:  The Prometheus score,  Jerry Goldsmith and Marc Streitenfeld


The following question was posed to Sir Ridley Scott at a recent Livestream event for the upcoming film, PROMETHEUS.

Will you make any reference to Jerry Goldmsith's score?
"Jerry Goldsmith's score was one of the major scores of the last 30, 40 years.  Jerry was who he was.  I did two films with Jerry.  I think the score is always incredibly important for me, because I tend shoot with score in mind.  I have never shot a film without a score in mind, but I'm sure I will one day.  This score is an evolution.  It's a script in itself, so I pay a lot of attention to that.  Marc Streitenfeld has done a very nice score for us.  This is the fifth score that he has done for me.  It's very important to me.  I'd say that a score is sometimes is as important as the visual." - Ridley Scott

Obviously, Sir Ridley Scott has been one of those directors who "get's it"  and it's sounding (and looking) like PROMETHEUS is going to something really special.  You can check out the full Q&A Session and the new PROMETHEUS trailer over at BleedingCool.com.  (Thanks to @stingray_travel for the heads up on this!)

So what does this get you a bit more excited for the film and score?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting your comment! As soon as we verify that it is suitable for publishing, it will be published.